Thursday, March 26, 2009

Inside the walls

Andy commented on my previous post about the guano. He described the amount piled up between the studs as 'impressive.'

He should know. He spent hours with a ShopVac trying to suck up every last particle the bats had left behind.

Now that was impressive!

It's nice to hear from my reader. Thanks, Andy. How's married life?

Andy came to the house this summer in a helpful mood and left a week later, tired, bleeding and covered in plaster dust.

He hasn't been back since.

He's a nice guy, that Andy, but I can't say that I blame him for steering clear. You never know what you're going to get into when you visit us up here.

On another note, my visa for China came today in a FedEx envelope. I was beginning to worry a little and actually called China Travel Service to check on its progress. I never had to send my passport away for a visa before. It made me nervous to do it but off it went. And a week later, presto! it's back in my hands with a neat little piece of Chinese officialdom stuck to one of the pages saying that I can enter the People's Republic.

I'm not nervous.

Well, I am a bit nervous but mostly because I have no idea what this is going to be like. No matter how much I prepare of ask, I think things will be very different. If I prepare for this, I will most certainly get that. If I prepare for that, I will get the other. I look forward to the ride.

And it's over thirteen hours of flying between O'Hare and Beijing.

No comments:

Post a Comment